Breeze,abused Blue Merle Sheltie

I too have my stomach clenched and tears streaming from reading about Breeze. I have horrible thoughts for the SOB who did it, but most of all I have prayed (and I'm not really devout) several prayers for Breeze's well being.

You know what? The best revenge is for her to live, love and thrive under the loving care of her new family.

Please God work a miracle here and heal this poor dog, inside and out.

Waiting to hear more in a day or two...

Sharon
 
Hi all,Thanks for your kind thoughts about Breeze.We live within walking distance of my vet,so with Cole in tow we went to visit Breeze first thing this morning.The vets decided to operate on Breeze yesterday afternoon,after discovering the following
-The air rifle used must have been fairly low velocity as six of the pellets(pellets I think is to gentle a word,they are not like pellets from a bb gun,they were .177 caliber steel tipped projectiles which are capable of inflicting severe damage on any small animal)we believe breeze's matted coat & the rather low velocity of the rifle saved her life as they did not penetrate deeply enough to do serious damage to her vital organs.
-The seventh shot was fired from point blank range,we believe this was meant to be a killing shot.as the pellet passed behind her left ear,thru her skull destroying the optic nerve of her left eye,exiting the top of her mouth & finally embedding in her lower jaw.
-Breeze is now a one eyed sheltie,her eye was removed & sutured shut.
-The pellets were all removed & the electrical cord was removed from her neck
-Its going to be a near run thing for Breeze during the next few day's,we should know by friday if Breeze is going to overcome her physical injuries.
-If she survives her physical injuries,the next trial for her will be her mental state.Right she's under sedation,but she is a severly traumatized little dog.
-We would ask you all to say a little prayer for Breeze as she's going to need all the help she can get.Will keep you all posted,once again thanks for your kind thoughts & prayers.Blue Skies-Cody,Wendy,Cole & Breeze

Poor baby girl! How can anyone be so cruel?!!!! We will keep her in our prayers.
 
I pray for Breeze to recover fully and enjoy the love you and your family will give her for the rest of her life.
 
oh good lord, I can't believe someone could do such a thing, thats sickening... Poor Breezy, we will be hoping for a speedy recovery !!!
 
This is such a horrible story. I also just got a rescue dog, but his mistreatment was nowhere near this level. :mad:

God bless you for helping Breeze...and best of luck!
 
Back
Top