Brushing, brushing, brushing...food in mane?

Kaye

Forums Regular
I'm still a newbie, so please forgive me if this has been covered (probably extensively!) somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.

I am constantly brushing the front of Maddie's mane, because she gets food/water/whatever in it. Is there a recommended way to reduce at least the food/water part of that? Elevated bowls? Clipping it back when she eats? Smaller bowls? She's little, so I wouldn't want to elevate too much, but am willing.

I don't mind brushing, but it would be lovely to reduce the 'food in the mane' part.

Advice for a newbie mom?

- Kaye
 
I would elevate the bowl. Or a smaller bowl. I use the latter, since my Kel pretty much inhales his food and this would prevent him from reaching over and into his bowl.
 
This is old, but wasn't sure if you found a solution yet. If not, just curious, have you brushed out her undercoat? I know when Koji gets fluffy and full of undercoat he tends to catch more food. Also, elevating helps. How tall is she again? If you don't want to buy a bowl, you can borrow one of mine and see if that helps (depending on her height).
 
Back
Top