Can Dogs Have Agave?

suristo

Forums Enthusiast
I have an organic peanut butter I wanted to put in Monet's Kong, but I was wondering if it's okay to use it if it is slightly sweetened with Agave Nectar? I gave him just a tiny tid-bit of it this afternoon, and he loved it. I don't want to make him sick though. I was hoping I could put it in the kong and freeze it.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts!
 
Does anyone happen to know if dogs can have agave? I looked online a bit, but I find varying answers. I haven't been able to get him any other peanut butter yet.
 
Has your vet weighed in on this question? We use agave around here, and Bailey used to get a lick of the spoon every now and then, but nothing much. It is a natural sweetener, actually sweeter than sugar, and I have heard of dogs getting honey. I'll be interested in this answer, too....
 
I have not, I will definitely ask when I get him neutered. That's what I thought - I never did end up giving him any. The peanut butter just has a bit of agave, but it's organic otherwise.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top