Can dogs have cat treats?

nellie123

Forums Enthusiast
Ever since Nellie was a pup, she has eaten the cats food every chance she gets:rolleyes2:. Obviously,we didn't encourage this behavior. However, today I opened up a bag of treats for Peekaboo, our cat. Nellie went BESERK! I gave her a few scraps and she loved them.

I figured that they were ok for dogs, maybe this will be a new jackpot treat lol!:lol:
 
I know several people that use cat treats at agility. They use them because they are smellier, and usually smaller.
 
I do give mine cat kibble sometimes as a training treat as they are really small. I will also sometimes give them cat liver treats or venison bits but not too regularly as I am not sure if they will upset their tummies. Mind you, Tully used to regularly knock off the cats foodd and it did no harm.
 
Meggie's trainer used cat treats for reward. I don't think you want to feed your dog cat food, but occassional treats are fine.
 
Back
Top