Carob

Smudge

Forums Sage
What is carob? Every time I look online or go into a store I see it on dog treats. Maybe it's not actually chocolate, but it just gives me the hibbie jibbies thinking that somebody would give it to their dog.

It's in a lot of the fancier looking dog treats. :uhoh: I don't get it.
 
1. An eastern Mediterranean evergreen tree (Ceratonia siliqua) in the pea family, having pinnately compound leaves and large, dark, leathery pods.
b. The pod of this plant, containing a sweet edible pulp and seeds that yield a gum used as a stabilizer in food products. Also called algarroba.
2. An edible powder or flour made from the ground seeds and pods of this plant, often used as a substitute for chocolate.

I would do more reading on it before I would let a pup have it in a treat, but that is my opinion.
 
It is safe for dogs,I used to buy it in bulk from a co-op. Although as I am concerned,I certainly would not let a dog eat loads of treats with Carob in them.
It tastes like chocolate,smells like chocolate.
 
I prefer to give mine yoghurt drops rather than the carob ones. Both are full of sugar though so not great.
 
Back
Top