Changes to Orijen?

Not that the dog food analysis site is gospel, they still post the Red as a 6 star - well all Orijen products actually.

But here is another site that debunks the myth about pork

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=myths

I trust the Orijen products and they don't cost $90 a bag like the Ziwipeak stuff.

As long as Orijen doesn't go way up on their price or change their ingredients a whole lot then I don't care. Smudge loves it. I just wish they made chewy dog treats! That would be awesome. :yes:
 
As long as Orijen doesn't go way up on their price or change their ingredients a whole lot then I don't care. Smudge loves it. I just wish they made chewy dog treats! That would be awesome. :yes:

For chewy dog treats, my boys love Zukes. Not so big to cut the appetite, but I still often cut them in halves or quarters if I'm training.
 
I fed my boys raw at night and one of their favorites is pork-pigs feet, pigs tail, pork spareribs, pork tenderloin...of course it's not processed either, so maybe it's a difference? Trust me, I've done a crazy amount of research before I started, so I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding pork or kibble with a named pork source in it. Not trying to start anything here, just my opinion.

But like it was said, to each their own. I think in this case, wild boar as part of Orijen Red would be safe. I would trust Orijen before any food I could find at a Wal-mart.
 
I fed my boys raw at night and one of their favorites is pork-pigs feet, pigs tail, pork spareribs, pork tenderloin...of course it's not processed either, so maybe it's a difference? Trust me, I've done a crazy amount of research before I started, so I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding pork or kibble with a named pork source in it. Not trying to start anything here, just my opinion.

But like it was said, to each their own. I think in this case, wild boar as part of Orijen Red would be safe. I would trust Orijen before any food I could find at a Wal-mart.

Couldn't agree with you more... I had finally listened and started to substitute my raw diet with Orijen and am nothing but impressed, so I trust them at this point not to mess up a good thing, I'll buy the Orijen Red next time I go into the store and let you know how TOffee fares... with his food intolerances... which he doesn't display if I feed him raw and Orijen :)
 
Back
Top