Changing "The Schedule"

jerros

Forums Enthusiast
Vash is turning 6 months old here soon, and although I've been doing a good job tending to him over the past 4 months waking up at 6 am taking him out for a walk, playing, giving him some breakfast then heading into work and then driving all the way home at lunch to repeat the above, then driving all the way back to work and then coming home 4 hrs later to let him out.

He will soon be at the age where I can cut out the mid day trip home (It's a 25 min drive each way) , which will give me an extra hour a day to spend with Vash rather than driving and making up time at work.

So I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for easing him into a new schedule? I've already cut him down from 3 meals a day to two (one morning one evening). And have on occasion left him home alone longer than I have in the past.

Should I take any other steps for this transition?
 
Honestly, I think you'll be fine. We did the same thing with Lexi a couple months ago and it didn't phase her. Just remember (I'm sure you know) that he'll probably really have to go when you first get home. I take Lexi out basically right away as soon as I get home.

Vash will do fine :)
 
The switch seemed really easy for both of our girls. The week that we started the switch my dh or whoever was helping us would come home 3 times a week (Mon, Wed. Fri.) instead of every day. The next week they'd come only Tues. and Thurs. There were no problems when the mid day bathroom breaks stopped.
 
I look at it this way - Emma goes all night without going outside. It is sometimes nine or ten hours depending on when I get up. She is fine. She would be fine if left alone during the day, as long as she has boundaries. I think we train our dogs to go out during the day whether they really need to or not. I'm not sure how long you are away from home, but certainly ease into and then see how your pup does.
 
Back
Top