ConAirPro pin brush

Emmasmom

Forums Sage
I was looking for a new pin brush and was trying desperately to wait until the Niagara Dogfest next weekend, but found a really nice brush in the local pet store.

It is a ConAirPro pin brush with a memory foam handle. It works really great on the loose fur and even works on the mats behind the ears. They had two types: a round one and the oval one. I got the oval ones. I am going to look at the other products they have to see if there is anything else I might like to use.

I love the memory foam handle on the brush. The arthritis in my hands has really kicked up this spring and summer, to the point I can't use my left thumb much at all. This handle is soft, easy to grip, and doesn't slide out of the hand, so you don't have to have a hard grip on it.

Barb V will know the brushes as they are carried in the store she has.

Natalie is really blowing coat right now - she is almost 14 months only. She looks about 1/2 her size right now. A few strokes with this brush and the brush was full of loose fur.

This is a link on Amazon to the brush:

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Brush-..._1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342816149&sr=8-1&keywords=c
 
I have an undercoat rake in that brand. It has the yellow handle and everything. I also have a conair hairbrush (for me) that has a grey handle that I got a few years back. I will agree the handle is great and easy to grip, and easier on people with arthritis. The only reason I didn't get the pin brush was because they had the little balls on the end of the bristles, which I thought damages the coat?
 
I have always used one similar to that, with the balls on the end, and have not noticed any damage to the coats. I am very careful as I brush.
 
Yes, we carry it in the store and I would say that it is quite fine for someone who wants to do basic grooming (ie. stay on top of the matts and tangles, but leave the heavy lifting to a groomer).

But I would not recommend it for intensive grooming (i.e. do it yourself).

One other note....not matter how good or bad your brush is, technique is still everything! Line-brushing 101 is the key. A good brush but poor technique is does not make a good groomed dog.
 
Back
Top