Course Map for Dog Walk exercises

For that sequence, I'd use lateral distance, leaving my dog on the teeter to move laterally to go to the jump, front cross the jump, and then just send to the tunnel. It also puts me in a good position to wrap the dog from the tunnel exit to the DW, and to pull to jump 18
 
For that sequence, I'd use lateral distance, leaving my dog on the teeter to move laterally to go to the jump, front cross the jump, and then just send to the tunnel. It also puts me in a good position to wrap the dog from the tunnel exit to the DW, and to pull to jump 18

Sounds like you and I are thinking along the same lines. I just couldn't quite put my thoughts into words.
 
I think it really is the best option :) So long as a dog can be left on the teeter. Trying anything else makes it really ugly to have to get to the tunnel
 
Hmmm.....we were just working on something like this in class (lateral distance/sends or whatever you call them).

From 14-15, Koji is supposed to have a 4-on on the teeter, and I'm not to the point where I can move away, so, I would just do a 180 turn which would make him turn to the jump, but, I wouldn't go to the end of the teeter, which will also place me on the landing side of the jump.

15-16: This would get slightly ugly, but while he's going to the jump (15), I'd cut across laterally and do a FC on the landing side (but not really close the jump at all. I'd try to do it closer to the front of the DW entrance, and just pivot 180 again to send him into the tunnel (velcro dog, sometimes it helps)

16-17: I'd probably just run back to the entrance of the DW, call Koji after he hits the end of the tunnel (that way, he won't make a huge arc, and instead, just turn around) and do a sort of FC to get him on the DW.

17-19: I'd just do a pinwheel of sorts

Now, this isn't to say we'll do it correctly, but this is what I would probably plan for.
 
Back
Top