That sounds a little wide. I think ours are more like 1" circumference. The antlers are really hard, so it helps if they get really get the end in their mouth to chew on.
I agree with Ashley 3-4 inch circumference sounds too wide. The price is great though. I paid $6 for one small elk antler. The one I have is about 5 inches in length and the widest part is about the circumference of a quarter. Bailey has had it since August and has hardly done any damage to it. She only gets it at night and chews it for a few minutes.
Here's a tip I just found out if your dogs don't have much interest in antlers... let it soak in warm water for little bit. The warm water loosens the marrow and makes it smell more enticing. Whenever I do this, Bailey is much more interested in it and will chew it for at least 10-15 minutes.
Oh and try and find antlers that are from free range deer/elk and are produced in the US.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.