Digging!!!

I have an 8 month old female, Maxine, who LOVES to dig holes and get dirty. My 2 boy shelties never get dirty. I had another boy (my sweet Prince, now gone) who was also very finicky and would do anything to avoid dirt, mud, and water. I find it ironic that my girl is a real pig pen and the 3 boys so prissy, but its true.

That said, I love her dearly. I'm posting a picture of her taken just today after her latest escapade. We had a snow melt and the yard is nice and soggy just the way she likes it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will grow out of it - the sooner the better.

Roberta
Oh my goodness she's a cutie...even all grubby lol! My boy Piper never dug a single hole when he was a puppy, only liked to walk through the flower beds.
 
I have an 8 month old female, Maxine, who LOVES to dig holes and get dirty. My 2 boy shelties never get dirty. I had another boy (my sweet Prince, now gone) who was also very finicky and would do anything to avoid dirt, mud, and water. I find it ironic that my girl is a real pig pen and the 3 boys so prissy, but its true.

That said, I love her dearly. I'm posting a picture of her taken just today after her latest escapade. We had a snow melt and the yard is nice and soggy just the way she likes it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will grow out of it - the sooner the better.

Roberta
Oh, Roberta, your beautiful Maxine and Toby would surely be best buddies!! He still loves to dig and often comes in from the yard looking similar to Maxine!!
 
Um, well Beau has never decided to staop digging. He LOVES when the ground is soft and wet, he digs and he runs. And he loves it...sigh. Hoping he will actually decide other things are fun at some point. So...
Ok, well this might be what you have to look forward to: :)
https://imgur.com/a/baGnj
https://imgur.com/a/slIBf

It's all good no matter what, but I would like a flat yard with grass back someday ;)
 
Um, well Beau has never decided to staop digging. He LOVES when the ground is soft and wet, he digs and he runs. And he loves it...sigh. Hoping he will actually decide other things are fun at some point. So...
Ok, well this might be what you have to look forward to: :)
https://imgur.com/a/baGnj
https://imgur.com/a/slIBf

It's all good no matter what, but I would like a flat yard with grass back someday ;)
What a cutie! Seems he is quite the excavation expert.
 
Thanks to all who replied. I would have never guessed Shelties were diggers. My Sheltie boys are so finicky about not getting dirty that Maxine's digging came as a real surprise. Mud washes off - so no real damage. Not to say that I don't hope she will outgrow it.

I'm wondering if my boy Avery's tail will survive her childhood. Avery is my 10 year old who thinks we got Maxine just for him. She is his wind-up toy. She just loves to pull his tail. It used to be full and fluffy, now it is skinny and bedraggled. They just love each other.

Shelties - don't you just love them!
 
Back
Top