Distant Work

Sharon

Forums Sage
I just posted to Facebook Shadow and Sting working distant from me. We were at the park and I used a soccer net to send them away from me. I put them in a sit stay at heel postition and send them away from me around the net and back.Again it is hard to film and do it but it gives you and idea the distant I am getting .
 
{faints}

what? how? wow! Seriously, your pups are absolutely amazing on distance. Are you at about the half way mark? They look so happy going around the goal. :)

One day......I'll get there. Until then, I'll be happy with 5-10'. LOL.
 
Distant

I started out with a garbage can at first.This is good fro the velcro dog because it teaches the dog to work away from you.I taught Shadow to go around it and back to me.I lured him around it on lead till he knew what I was asking then fed him.I did it from both sides.I would each day back up a few more feet and send.I did this everyday once a day fro a month. Then I started doing it from heel postition and from my right side also. From the heel I send him .
 
I started out with a garbage can at first.This is good fro the velcro dog because it teaches the dog to work away from you.I taught Shadow to go around it and back to me.I lured him around it on lead till he knew what I was asking then fed him.I did it from both sides.I would each day back up a few more feet and send.I did this everyday once a day fro a month. Then I started doing it from heel postition and from my right side also. From the heel I send him .

wow, and you get the speed like that!??!
Can you send them around any obstacles or you start training each obstacle separately? :)
 
Back
Top