Distant Work

Sharon

Forums Sage
I just posted to FB a video of distant work. This girl in awesome. She never moves and the dog is incredible.
 
I just posted to FB a video of distant work. This girl in awesome. She never moves and the dog is incredible.

I am always impressed watching people "run" a course like this. Simply amazing.

BTW, Koji did good in class last night. I'm injured, could basically only walk, and he did a LOT of distance work for me. Maybe he knew. My trainer told my hubby to kick me in the shin prior to class so Koji would do more distance. ;)
 
I am always impressed watching people "run" a course like this. Simply amazing.

BTW, Koji did good in class last night. I'm injured, could basically only walk, and he did a LOT of distance work for me. Maybe he knew. My trainer told my hubby to kick me in the shin prior to class so Koji would do more distance. ;)[/QUO-----------She did not run. She stood there. Pretty awesome handling and agreat dog to.Hope your injury heels fast. Welcome to the injured list.I am hoping to at least handle Shadow in Oct but wont know till I see the doctor tommrrow.:cry:
 
She did not run. She stood there. Pretty awesome handling and agreat dog to.Hope your injury heels fast. Welcome to the injured list.I am hoping to at least handle Shadow in Oct but wont know till I see the doctor tommrrow.:cry:

That's why "run" was in quotes. LOL. I see that a lot in NADAC. Do they not work distance like that in AKC as much? I've only been to a few trials, but rarely see that. NADAC's Elite all do that (or try - not as successful as the woman in the video).

The injured list sucks. Are you doing PT now for your knees? I hope you're able to run soon. October isn't far away!
 
That's some amazing distance work. We aren't quite that far along on our distance work. :wink2:

There's some taped off areas on the field where the grass has been overseeded, so we got to practice distance in class yesterday afternoon. Phebe does pretty good with everything except weaves at 15' to 20' of distance.
 
That's why "run" was in quotes. LOL. I see that a lot in NADAC. Do they not work distance like that in AKC as much? I've only been to a few trials, but rarely see that. NADAC's Elite all do that (or try - not as successful as the woman in the video).

The injured list sucks. Are you doing PT now for your knees? I hope you're able to run soon. October isn't far away!

Not only can I not run but see either.Yes the injured list does suck.I know the dcotor will probaly not trun we shall see.I work distant with Shadow in AKC and see people who have BC's also do it.
 
That is an awesome video. There was a woman at the march cluster here who did something similar about three years ago. The next closest I can think of is a man in a wheelchair who's malinois runs most of the course without him. It's really amazing to watch.
 
yes, that video is pretty much a show stopper.. beautiful dog, too!
There is a lady here who runs her Standard Poodle... she's about in her late 60's early 70's? Maybe?
She handles her dog like NO other!! The distance work is so impressive!
She 'runs' circles around her competitors!
 
Back
Top