Do you think we did her any harm ?

I'm assured by my "head office" that not all made in china is bad, and yes we sell it and yes it sells (e.g. Smokehouse products).

I wouldn't buy anything made in China no matter who tells me it's ok. I met with many dog food mfg. while helping my friend with her store and bottom line is they just want to sell the stores product and they'll tell you what you want to hear. One company who's product is made in China claims they have their own facility and product is safe. I don't care still won't buy it Chicken is still from China.
 
I agree and I wouldn't give them anything from China. I read an article that said only 2% of imported goods from overseas are inspected and that worries me. You can actually have your food tested for melamine. Here's an interesting article on foods from China:

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/is-it-melamine-again.html

I'm not 100% confident things made here are all that safe so I tend to stay away from all commercial treats. There are some I do believe are good quality, but then they cost quite a bit. This is why I have a dehydrator, though, so I can cut those costs by making it myself.

All those recalls scare me! I feed my cat kibble b/c she refuses to eat raw and I admit I'm scared a lot of the time.
 
I guess I need to start reading those packages more carefully... that said I have to tell you, my doggies just love those Waggin Train chicken/biscuits, and the YamGoods, and the new ones with cheese in them -- my little one absolutely fiends for those! I thought I was going to have to check her in a rehab when that bag ran out! She complained bitterly and at length.

So now she's working a 12 step program, going to meetings, trying to stay clean... but I can tell by the look in her eye, she'd sell her soul for a bag of that stuff! :yes:

I can't really speak to whether or not Waggin Train's concoctions are health-conscious, but I do know from observation that dogs find them very appealing. My Jake's rhetorical question would be, "they taste sooo darn good, how bad could they possibly be?"

They have surely done the research to know what dogs want... Hmm, viewing them in that light has just made me *very* suspicious!
 
Back
Top