Dog Dryers...( What kind do most use? )

Sheltie Mom

Forums Regular
I am considering buying a dog dryer for my 2 Shelties..I have used my personal one on them BUT it takes to long for their thich hair to dry. I would like to know what others use on their dogs with more air flow. I have been checking some out on the internet..But would like to take a survey on what is most popular:confused2:.. I will be having them done by a groomer in a week for the first time and hope she does a nice job. But I still want to bathe them occasionally myself. I do a quick BUTT wash on them too and need a good dryer...:yes:
Thanks for the info...
Maggie and Tiffanys Mom:winkgrin:
 
Last edited:
I use a Metro

2 speed dryer, it looks like a little dog house. I can't remember the specs on it, but it does a good job for us. Hunter is still young so he doesn't have a mature coat yet, but with this dryer it takes about 45-60 mins to get him completely dry and fluffy! I also use this on my Mom's 40lb Border Collie and he takes roughly 60-75 mins to do.
I picked it up on ebay for about $40 I think. I don't use a human hair dryer on the furkids because they get so hot, they could burn and they dry out the coat. The forced air dryers literally blow the water out of the coat and the only heat source is essentially the motor so it only heats the air to a few degrees above room temp. They also blow out any loose undercoat so if you do it, I recommend outside if you can!! :yes: It helps a little bit with shedding too.
 
Dog Hair dryers

Thanks for the info I will check out eBay.....to see what they have...:wink2:

2 speed dryer, it looks like a little dog house. I can't remember the specs on it, but it does a good job for us. Hunter is still young so he doesn't have a mature coat yet, but with this dryer it takes about 45-60 mins to get him completely dry and fluffy! I also use this on my Mom's 40lb Border Collie and he takes roughly 60-75 mins to do.
I picked it up on ebay for about $40 I think. I don't use a human hair dryer on the furkids because they get so hot, they could burn and they dry out the coat. The forced air dryers literally blow the water out of the coat and the only heat source is essentially the motor so it only heats the air to a few degrees above room temp. They also blow out any loose undercoat so if you do it, I recommend outside if you can!! :yes: It helps a little bit with shedding too.
 
I use my personal hair dryer

It has a low setting so it doesn't get too hot and also has an 'air' button which doesn't blow heat at all.

I don't know if this will continue work once Sadie has her full coat, I may have to invest in something else.

If thats the case I just might have to start grooming my parent's sheltie too :)
 
I use my own. However, my husband found a dog dryer called "Hair Force One" for dogs. I refuse!!!!!:rolleyes2:
 
Back
Top