Drying After A Bath

nbrard

Forums Enthusiast
I do not have one of those dryers that the groomers use and it is not in the budget to get one, so I am wondering what everyone does to get their dogs dry after a bath. The last bath we did involved lots of towel drying but it still took quite a long time for them to dry. I was hoping for a sunny warm day so they could run around outside but the weather is not cooperating, and I would really like to get them bathed after their dip in the pond yesterday.
 
I use my own hairdryer on them...it has a hot, warm, and "cool" setting. The warm setting is too warm for an animal but the "cool" setting is perfect...I can put my hand right on the blower and it's luke warm at best. Takes about 15-20 mins to get my dog as dry as before the bath (and he is a wooly little bugger!)
 
I also use my hairdryer on Low but I never dry them all the way, even in the winter...it drys out their coat. I blow dry them about halfway and let them air dry. I try to always bathe early in the morning so they have the day to dry. In the cold months, I don't bathe as much except for my show dog, and I do blow dry them a bit more then.
 
Thanks for the advice. I dried Mikos part way then left him a little damp and he has dried off beautifully. He is now clean, smells good and is wonderfully soft and fluffy (for a 14 month old without the full coat):biggrin2: Tomorrow is Brie's turn.
 
In the cooler weather we use a regular hair dryer. Since it is summer and very hot they get baths outside and I let them run themselves dry then brush. Looks as good as a dryer to me, but my boys are young and do not have the undercoat yet.

Donna
 
In the winter, I send them to the groomers for bathes.

In summer, at the cottage, I hose them down and let them air dry outside. I don't get too fussed about having a perfectly groomed coat. Most times they are our rolling in leaves, mud and dirt.

My dogs are pets, not show dogs, so I live with their staggly coats, sometimes!
 
Back
Top