Ear bracing

susanmccain

Forums Enthusiast
My 18 month old Sheltie has drop ears. I failed to do anything when he was a baby.....is it too late to try to brace them?
 
Unfortunately yes. At 18 months the ear cartilage is pretty much set.

I'm with you. I have a :dead:Sheltie with hound ears. We nicknamed him Eeyore. I think it adds to his persona. Lol! I.e. to make up for the ears.
 
Thanks

Thank you for the help, BarbV. My first Sheltie had beautiful ears and I did nothing.....the second one's ears tip over part of the time...if not they are straight up. This little guy....I just failed to do anything. I guess I was waiting for him to be like the girls with his ears....and I waited too long. Lesson learned...the hard way.
Thanks again for your reply.
 
Name

Eeyore is a great name. That is what I should have called Sir Dash. He is a blue and with the drop ears he would have made a perfect Eeyore too..
Thanks again BarbV.
 
Back
Top