Ear Wash

sable

Forums Enthusiast
I have tried so many things including wash from the vets. Lady's ears were dry and she has wax. I found this Tea Tree oil at a pet supply store so far it works
great. The other stuff I have used leaves a residue in her ears, and this doesn't.

I am so thrilled!
 
I like the Vet's Best Ear Relief Wash & Dry. Smells nice, handles the wax and yeast, and seems soothing.

Husband tried tea tree oil on himself once and banned it from the house.
 
I like the Vet's Best Ear Relief Wash & Dry. Smells nice, handles the wax and yeast, and seems soothing.

Husband tried tea tree oil on himself once and banned it from the house.

Thanks for the info. I have to ask what happened to your husband? Not nice
of me but I am laughing so hard, that is hilarious.

Oops where did you find the Ear Relief, is it online or in a pet store? Sorry I just
got such a giggle out of it. Is he using Vet's Best Ear Relief?
 
I like the Vet's Best Ear Relief Wash & Dry. Smells nice, handles the wax and yeast, and seems soothing.

Husband tried tea tree oil on himself once and banned it from the house.

Tea tree oil is good stuff, but I concur with husband, the smell gags me, and I can't tolerate coming within range of the odor...
 
I took a really good smell on the ear wash its made by Natur Vet and right on
the bottle it states, Aloe and Baby Powder scent. This one smells great.

What make was the smelly one you had? Sure does make one read to make
certain I buy the same one again.
 
Husband actually states it is one of the most intense burnings he has ever felt in his life. He almost passed out it was so bad. He said it was like a blow torch in his brain. I said I used it on the dogs and he said I would never do so again. Now if he even smells it, he almost vomits as it brings the burning back.

Of note, a friend adopted a shepherd and used it in his ears and the dog went NUTS. I took her some of the Vet's Best stuff and the dog calmly allowed it and his ears improved (Frito smell = yeast infection there).
 
I got it on Amazon but it is at Petco, Vitamin Shoppe, and Drs Foster & Smith.

Husband hasn't used it on self.
 
Husband actually states it is one of the most intense burnings he has ever felt in his life. He almost passed out it was so bad. He said it was like a blow torch in his brain. I said I used it on the dogs and he said I would never do so again. Now if he even smells it, he almost vomits as it brings the burning back.

Gee, how strong was the prep? A little bit of tea tree goes a long way. As you can imagine, it's used widely here for everything, so maybe I'm used to the smell. Makes a great cleanser and antiseptic, love my tea tree face washes. I've used it on the dogs ears - but only the outside to stop Deska chewing Tully's ears when she was a pup.
 
I used on one dog to stop licking after a HW test. I used to use it a lot. In fact, when I was showing cats I would put one drop in their show shampoo so that if they should encounter a flea in the show hall it would choose to go elsewhere.

I don't remember the preparation of that for his ears. We try to block it from our memory.
 
Tea Tree oil is a pretty potent essential oil.
You really never want to use it full strength on most things.

I've used the Trader Joe's Tea Tree shampoo and bodywash for quite a while now for everything including shaving with no problems. Then had some nieces visiting and suggested they try it, and they both complained it stung...

I also used a diluted solution for dog baths last year, and no fleas at all. But then baths are kind of required every 2 weeks or so as the daily wrestling with his harem does build up a certain amount of slobber.
 
Back
Top