Ears????

:lol: your going to get as many replies and suggestions as there are types out there. Its all a personal preference. I use Zo-eze to remove glue/tape. And I just Japanese tape on my crew here.

I am no expert at ear glueing/taping at all, but that Zo-eze stuff is the bee's knees. :lol: A lot of the removers are very, very greasy, but the Zo-eze is fab! :biggrin2:
 
I use Tear Mender to glue them, and Detachol to remove it. Works wonders-isn't greasy, and it only takes a little bit to take out glue (and pine sap!)

Same process, but I use Speed sew for gluing, though I don't think it's available in the US. Detachol is the best for removing. At least with my pup, he did not find it irritating at all. It is a bandage adhesive remover.

Gluing ears is a matter of personal choice. If you have your pup on a non-breeding, non-showing contract, then you have no obligation to glue.

However, if you got your pup on the expectation that pup will be shown, then yes, you need to deal with the ears. Contact your breeder for clarification if you are unsure. It seems to me that if you got the pup on a showing contract, the breeder would do more than just say "do it". I suspect, the breeder just meant "it's a good idea".
 
Same process, but I use Speed sew for gluing, though I don't think it's available in the US. Detachol is the best for removing. At least with my pup, he did not find it irritating at all. It is a bandage adhesive remover.

Gluing ears is a matter of personal choice. If you have your pup on a non-breeding, non-showing contract, then you have no obligation to glue.

However, if you got your pup on the expectation that pup will be shown, then yes, you need to deal with the ears. Contact your breeder for clarification if you are unsure. It seems to me that if you got the pup on a showing contract, the breeder would do more than just say "do it". I suspect, the breeder just meant "it's a good idea".

I agree, Barb. And Detachol doesn't stink!

As is, I glued Luke's ears because there was a chance I would show him (and still is, even though he's 2 1/2) in the confo ring, and a good set of ears is essential (IMO) for that.
 
Is anyone gluing ears?? How important is this? Toto hates it, but the breeder said we had to do it.

Important?? Not at all for a companion/pet dog. It's more a matter of personal preference. I have one with prick ears and one with tipped ears. They are both adorable, with precious facial expressions. I can't imagine my Meggie could be any cuter if her ears tipped. I just couldn't handle the entire gluing, ungluing process and Meggie HATED it. I just decided it wasn't necessary for me. It's definitely a personal preference though. Just like clipping their whiskers. Another thing I don't do, but others do religiously.
 
Personally, I decided to tape Chase's ears because when his left ear stood up, it bent back a little so I was worried about dirt and water getting in and causing ear infections/irritation.
 
If you use the search button up top here in the blue bar.....and search ears, you will get MANY threads on ear sets. I suggest taking a peak around at all of the ear threads, and you may get a better idea on what you want to do.
 
Back
Top