Silaria
Forums Sage
Edan and I had the privilege and joy of qualifying for, and competing in, the 2016 Canine Performance Events (CPE) National Trial for the second time. To be eligible to compete in this year's Nationals you had to earn 40 qualifying scores in one jump height class during the 2015 calendar year.
The first time we competed, Edan and I scored 5 Qs out of 9. This year we improved upon that, scoring 7 Qs out of 9. We probably would have have 8 out of 9 if Jumpers wasn't our very first run of the weekend. Edan's always a bit wild on the first run and, for the first time ever, Edan got a case of the zoomies on course.

I found out after I got home that Edan won an award at Nationals, something that never happens to us because Edan is a moderate speed dog; he's accurate but definitely NOT the fastest dog out there. Edan won Reserve High In Trial, Standard Class, Level C (Champion), 12 Inch Jump Height - Veteran. All that basically means Edan was the 2nd place Veteran dog in the 12 inch Standard class. ONLY the first place and Reserve dogs were recognized in Standard. Goes to show that sometimes slow and steady can win the race (or come in 2nd in this case). I'll post a picture with the plaque when I receive it. Someone from my club picked it up for me because if you weren't at the awards ceremony you didn't get the plaque. So proud of my little nearly 10-year-old dog.
Here are the videos from the trial:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ecfC5jRauyPrzgyEizklkIf_deml5Ca

The first time we competed, Edan and I scored 5 Qs out of 9. This year we improved upon that, scoring 7 Qs out of 9. We probably would have have 8 out of 9 if Jumpers wasn't our very first run of the weekend. Edan's always a bit wild on the first run and, for the first time ever, Edan got a case of the zoomies on course.

I found out after I got home that Edan won an award at Nationals, something that never happens to us because Edan is a moderate speed dog; he's accurate but definitely NOT the fastest dog out there. Edan won Reserve High In Trial, Standard Class, Level C (Champion), 12 Inch Jump Height - Veteran. All that basically means Edan was the 2nd place Veteran dog in the 12 inch Standard class. ONLY the first place and Reserve dogs were recognized in Standard. Goes to show that sometimes slow and steady can win the race (or come in 2nd in this case). I'll post a picture with the plaque when I receive it. Someone from my club picked it up for me because if you weren't at the awards ceremony you didn't get the plaque. So proud of my little nearly 10-year-old dog.
Here are the videos from the trial:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ecfC5jRauyPrzgyEizklkIf_deml5Ca


