Electronic Agility Record Book

Silaria

Forums Sage
Hey everyone!

Late last week I found a FREE downloadable program to help keep track of your agility trials (past and upcoming), run results, titles and even training information.

Agility Record Book it supports 14 different venues. The developer also has a Yahoo group for support issues.

It's not necessarily the most crystal clear for usage but once you get it its not too bad. Basically you create a Dog then a Trial under the dog, then Runs under the Trial. Titles are entered separately. There is also a calendar you can put your upcoming trials on and track their progress - when premiums open, close, when draws are (if necessary for a trial), if you received confirmation, whether or not you set up your accommodations yet (if necessary), etc.

The Runs calculate your YPS data for both SCT and your actual YPS based on your time.

Since you enter Judge information for the Runs, each judge has an "information" field unique to them so if there is a judge you really like or didn't like you can record why.

Is it perfect software, no; but for a freebee its INCREDIBLY powerful.

Check it out and tell me what you think.
 
I use it. I like it for what it does. Sometimes it can definitely be a bit confusing, but I like that they have a message board for Q&A. That helps a lot. I also like that I can track my titles (granted, you enter them, but still, I can see them at a glance). I dislike how it clumps Q's together, but as you said, it's free.

For me, it's free, it's at-a-glance which is nice. I also tend to write in the comment section what made Koji Q or DQ and I do fill in how he was that day and what type of day it was.

For free, I think it's very handy!
 
I do like, on the Titles screen, that I can click on a link for a set of runs (CPE Standard Level 2 for example) and it will show me all the runs that I did that level, Qs and NQs.

I'm going to go back and add links to my videos either in the Comments area or, if I remember correctly, there is a Links area. Since YouTube will let you link to specific sections of a video, I can just pull out specific runs in my 10+ minute "all in one" videos.

The developer seems open to suggestions to improve his work, based on what little I've had time to look at in the Yahoo Group. This is always a good thing.
 
Back
Top