Our schedule just doesn't work that well sometimes to stay on a daily schedule exactly to a T. Do people generally leave the food out during the day, or do they feed at certain times? Are there benefits for either?
I have found that dogs do better on routines for feeding. If you never knew when you were going to be fed you would get pretty obsessive about food too! That way they know they get their food at a certain time or around a certain activity (eg before/after a walk) and they are more likely to eat all their meal and not scavenge thru bins and the like.
Thanks to everyone for replying. Renae and I have decided to change the feeding. I give it to her now in the AM always after I get back from the gym and her walk (around 9am) and then again at night around 7 (since one of us is guarenteed to get back home by then).
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.