Finally trial videos

corbinam

Moderator
I was too tired after our trial (end of Feb) to post our runs here. It was a 3-day trial, so it was a pain to upload and sort through! So after 3 days, Bentley had 13 runs! *whew*

I did post a few of his runs previously, and I've concluded that Bentley is a different dog. Finally after at least a year of work on him learning to be more obstacle focused, I think we're getting there! Right now, it's a transitional time where he's learning when to be obstacle focused and when to be handler focused...so we're having a few growing pains. In fact, he had more Es this weekend than I think he's had in a long, long time. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to concentrate on the fact that he's working independently, and that's awesome!

So without further ado, I'll post some highlights:

The very BEST run of Bentley's weekend: Masters Gamblers--Q! I never thought he would ever get a Masters Gamblers Q, and he did it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2MI7HCeXWw

Masters Snooker Q!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH1AUPDDDRc

Team Standard: (Note our continued contact woes...missed the a-frame and dogwalk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhHKCsF34bg

Masters Pairs Q:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--eeSqS3jXc

Masters Gamblers: I was really proud of him for going AWAY and taking the opposite end of the tunnel. Coming out of the tunnel he should have taken the other jump rather than the tire...but still so proud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b32RFScYBFc

Team Relay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__KI8Zp1CM

So we ended the weekend with a Team Q (a Q towards qualifying for nationals!), a Masters Snooker Q, a Masters Gamblers Q, and 2 Masters Pairs Qs. Not bad! (Note that we didn't enter Standard...except for Team)
 
Nice work, by everyone. Woo Hoo
I was right there with you on the missed DW contact ,Geez LOL

So Ashley Can I ask how old is Bentley and how long have you guys been doing agility with him, I am trying to gather info to come up with a base line to work from as to what I should be resonably expecting from Cosmo.
 
Nice work, by everyone. Woo Hoo
I was right there with you on the missed DW contact ,Geez LOL

So Ashley Can I ask how old is Bentley and how long have you guys been doing agility with him, I am trying to gather info to come up with a base line to work from as to what I should be resonably expecting from Cosmo.

Sure! Bentley is 3.5 (turns 4 in July). We've been doing agility with him for about 2.5 years, and we've been trialing for about a 1.5 years.
 
Sure! Bentley is 3.5 (turns 4 in July). We've been doing agility with him for about 2.5 years, and we've been trialing for about a 1.5 years

Thanks ,That's big help, it's nice to have another sheltie to gage against.
because in class Cosmo is the only sheltie & is always like rock solid performance wise , Just slowas molassas on a winters day :winkgrin:.
When I was talkin with Jessica Martin, she said her first championship dog Mikki who shares family liniage with Cosmo, was pretty much the same as Cosmo very slow out of the box and super concetration as to not make any mistakes for the first couple of years and then just went hog wild in year 4 & 5 racking up Q after Q and a couple of CDN championships like one after the other in year 6 &7. So she basically told me to be patient with him, be carefull not to overtrain on obsticals which is something that she did too much of, and try and make it more fun & playfull for him, which is what I have been trying, unfortunately Dad tends to be a bit on the serious side although I am trying to lighten up our training sessions a lot adding frequent play breaks & such.
 
man oh man look at you guys FLY!
Jonathan really does well in Snookers, doesn't he!??

I can see you guys at Nationals!
Wonderful job, and I seriously got a little emotional when I watched the Gamblers Q!!!
 
great videos- y'all are doing so well :yes:
I was gonna say when we grow up we wanna be just like you but maybe we should be like Sharon and Shadow :winkgrin:
 
Back
Top