Fromm Dog Food (NO Etho)

SheltieGuy

Forums Enthusiast
I was researching more etho free dog food and found FROMM. I viewed their website and said they actually pay more $$ to get Etho free food. ON the dogfood analysis site it is only 5 stars but it seems like a good food. They have rice and barley in it.. *but that isnt necessarily bad*. they have high and low proteins. They have stores everywhere that carry it . (well at least in PA ) and it is only 2 dollars more than TOTW.

THe dog food analysis site partly gives it a 5 star rating because of the lower protein count 24%. (i cant remember the actual flavor i looked at ).BUt some of us may want lower protein!!!! and the fillers are "good fillers" ( i think)or aren't they??? Im gonna send them an email with lots of questions and see what they say.

Anyway has anyone used FROMM ??


FROM FROMM WEBSITE
Gold Nutritionals® are prepared with fresh, human grade USDA-inspected duck, chicken and lamb or liver combined with fresh whole eggs and real Wisconsin cheddar cheese. We also enhance each recipe with salmon oil for a healthy coat and probiotics to help aid digestion.

We have omitted common allergens such as corn, wheat, & beet pulp instead using oatmeal, pearled barley, brown rice, and potatoes. All of our recipes are formulated with 100% natural ingredients and contain absolutely no artificial flavors or colors. Just wholesome, all-natural nutrition. .

Seems like TOTW without etho but less protein and some rice and barley?? (and we want less protein) (umm i think lol)

SO what do you guys/gals/vets think???? I think Fromm may be better than TOTW....(and i am a huge TOTW fan)
TOTW or FROMM???
(Please dont say do what you think is best for your pup) lol :wink2:

I am asking for different opinions.
I just sent them a long email I will let you know their response.


I am new here and if people are sick of reading my threads of Etho and high/low protein... please let me know ..i wont be offended. I wont stop calling ..emailing...researching until I find what i want for my boy and of course what is in my price range...I cant pay 70-90 dollars for a 30 lb bag of food.
 
Last edited:
A lady with dobermans in my preformance obedience class, whos dogs I would like to steal BTW, feeds Fromm(I know because she asked my who sold it nearby). I look at it when I was deciding on a food for my guys. Lots of flavors to choose from. I would be very comfortable feeding it to mine. :smile2:

I love their liver and cheese treats for training low fat and calories. Use them all the time.
 
A lady with dobermans in my preformance obedience class, whos dogs I would like to steal BTW, feeds Fromm(I know because she asked my who sold it nearby). I look at it when I was deciding on a food for my guys. Lots of flavors to choose from. I would be very comfortable feeding it to mine. :smile2:

I love their liver and cheese treats for training low fat and calories. Use them all the time.
Thanks DR. Shelli that makes me feel better. This seems to be a high quality low protein food that i can afford.


May I ask what you feed your dogs?
 
Last edited:
Nature's Variety Prairie dry. I rotate between the salmon, vension and lamb. I was rotating with the raw but I stopped. Ember has been on it for almost 2 yrs.

Justice and Diva -have been on it for 4 months. They were on Eagle Pack Holistic(which I really liked for them). Ember did not do well on it, mostly really flakey skin, brittle coat. I wanted all the dogs on the same food so they changed.

Ember does great on Nature's Variety. Best coat she has ever had.
 
I forgot to add Justice started his life on Eukanuba(what his breeder fed). He ate their active formula for years, before I changed to Royal Canin and then Eagle. Eukanuba is the food he had a hard time maintaining his weight on the maintance formula. My dog Jazz ate Californa Natural and then Innova because of food allergies.
 
It will make your eyes spin...and soon you'll be looking like Linda Blair in the Exorcist as your neck starts to spin as well.

I think it's a decent choice.

Remember, our parents fed our dogs Dog Chow and they did ok too! It's easy to get wrapped up in the hype. Feed the best you can afford, avoid fads, and everything should be fine.
 
It will make your eyes spin...and soon you'll be looking like Linda Blair in the Exorcist as your neck starts to spin as well.

I think it's a decent choice.

Remember, our parents fed our dogs Dog Chow and they did ok too! It's easy to get wrapped up in the hype. Feed the best you can afford, avoid fads, and everything should be fine.

I KNOW I AM GETTING OUTTA CONTROL WITH THIS DOG FOOD THING .....(cuz of my last dog). I promise not to post anymore dog food threads lol

and thank you all for your opions and advice. A lot of this dog food stuff may be " trendy" (my dog food is better than your dog food).

im sure all of the foods that were recommended would be great for our doggies!!!
 
more info on FROMM

I asked them some questions and they finally got back to me so I thought I would share their answers:

We are happy to get your insightful questions. Here is a response as asked;

1. A. About three years ago, our can recipes were made for us in a human food facility that made can foods for people throughout the world. Yes, that facility was located in China. We have since moved our can production back to the United States, not due to any problems or concerns but consumer feedback with disappointment over our choice to use China. So our last shipment of cans from China arrived in December 2008. This completed our relationship with that facility. We now have all of our cans made in the U.S. and the started shipping to our Fromm Distributors as of mid-November this past year.
B. We have only ever made our dry kibble recipes at our own fourth generation family run plant in Wisconsin. All of our ingredients are from long standing, trusted suppliers that are domestic. Domestic includes the United States and Canada.

2. We have never had any bones in our dry kibble recipes. All of our meats are human quality and from USDA and FDA inspected facilities. We do not use any by-products, unidentifiable meats, or 4D (Dead, dying, disabled, or diseased) meats in our recipes.

3. Our produce is fresh and whole vegetables or fruits. They are the same that go to the grocery store for you and I to select from. They are not qualified as organic standards but are regulated the same as human edible produce.

4.No, Fromm Family Foods recipes do not contain ethoxyquin. All of our ingredients and final products are free from artificial and industrial preservatives. Additionally we pay more for our fish, whitefish, and salmon to not be treated or preserved with ethoxyquin.
 
Last edited:
Fromm update

JUST AN FYI:

I emailed Fromm for more info. I asked if their meats contain hormones, steroids and or antibiotics. Here is there answer:

From your last email, I further reviewed with our on staff nutritionist regarding the original question of hormone, antibiotic, and steroid-free meats. He has assured me that they are free from all three.
 
Back
Top