Fun Question

I haven't ever seen any top teams run.

For where I am right now, I'll gladly take Shadow. Mostly because he'll teach me very fast how badly my handling is and where all the holes are, while being a great agility dog himself. :)

Cuz if he messes up, I know it's 100% me. LOL.
 
While there are many great dogs out there, there is no dog I could want more than my own Athena :smile2: It's been an amazing journey so far, and no other could've given me that same experience. I couldn't have asked for more from a first agility dog... going from knowing nothing to now, sitting one QQ away from our MACH, qualifying several times for akc agility nationals, often winning, or coming close to what I'd consider this area's best dogs and having so much heart, always giving me everything she can. This is my heart dog, and I wouldn't trade her for any of the world team dogs. Besides.... we have our own small fan club, in our own right. There are many people who come up to say how much they enjoy watching her run, what a nice, fast little dog she is, and several fellow competitors who consider us 'the ones to beat' when we go to certain shows.
 
Last edited:
You guys reminded me of a good point...I wouldn't really want anyone else's dog...first of all because I wouldn't be able to keep up handling-wise, and secondly, I want to run my own dogs that I taught from Day 1...it's more fun that way! (Even if we make some mistakes!)

But, it would be fun to play with them for a little! :biggrin2:
 
While there are many great dogs out there, there is no dog I could want more than my own Athena :smile2: It's been an amazing journey so far, and no other could've given me that same experience. I couldn't have asked for more from a first agility dog... going from knowing nothing to now, sitting one QQ away from our MACH, qualifying several times for akc agility nationals, often winning, or coming close to what I'd consider this area's best dogs and having so much heart, always giving me everything she can. This is my heart dog, and I wouldn't trade her for any of the world team dogs. Besides.... we have our own small fan club, in our own right. There are many people who come up to say how much they enjoy watching her run, what a nice, fast little dog she is, and several fellow competitors who consider us 'the ones to beat' when we go to certain shows.

Spoken like a true partner & team member, I would have to agree with you and Ashley, although it would be nice to try out another dog, I wouldn't trade away
my pokey Cosmo for anything, as my wife reminds me all the time you don't always get the dog you want but the dog you need, and Cosmo was the dog I needed to get started in this sport for sure, and still is.
 
You guys reminded me of a good point...I wouldn't really want anyone else's dog...first of all because I wouldn't be able to keep up handling-wise, and secondly, I want to run my own dogs that I taught from Day 1...it's more fun that way! (Even if we make some mistakes!)

But, it would be fun to play with them for a little! :biggrin2:

ITA!!!

I love when Koji and I run pretty smoothly and as a great team. But yeah, it'd still be fun to run a dog like Sting (or any WAY more experienced dog than mine). Mostly because I could learn so much from them.
 
Back
Top