Funniest thing you have seen at a trial

In Omaha last summer, Sable sheltie in Novice STD. Does the teeter and then procedes to herd the ends of the teeter by turning around running back up the teeter slamming it down. He then looked at the end, barked, turned around did it again. I think he did that once more then jumped off the teeter, ran to the up end, jump up and slammed it down and then ran to up end again and slammed it down. Barking the whole time. Repeat 3x. This all the while his handler was yelling at him to come and the crowd roaring with laugher.:lol:
 
In Omaha last summer, Sable sheltie in Novice STD. Does the teeter and then procedes to herd the ends of the teeter by turning around running back up the teeter slamming it down. He then looked at the end, barked, turned around did it again. I think he did that once more then jumped off the teeter, ran to the up end, jump up and slammed it down and then ran to up end again and slammed it down. Barking the whole time. Repeat 3x. This all the while his handler was yelling at him to come and the crowd roaring with laugher.:lol:

Lol Nellie does that at home sometimes too!:rolleyes2:

The funniest thing I have seen at a
Trial( only been to three) is a novice/level1 dog in CPE jackpot. He did half the course, jumped over the snow fence, sniffed another
Dog and came back and finished the course without a hitch. :biggrin2:
 
Apparently a few years ago (before we were into agility) a starters dog ran out of the ring, ran to the hot dog stand and stole a hot dog...:lol:

Oh, I think there should be a special rosette for that trick! CHDT? Champion Hot Dog Thief?! :lol:
 
I've also seen a pairs run (it's a relay where one person/dog runs and they pass the baton to the other person/dog) where the first dog never stopped running, and both dogs ran around together.
 
I've also seen a pairs run (it's a relay where one person/dog runs and they pass the baton to the other person/dog) where the first dog never stopped running, and both dogs ran around together.

We're entered in pairs for the first time at a trial in later this month. I'm so nervous about getting hold of Phebe if we run first, that I'm probably going to strongly suggest that we run last. LOL
 
We're entered in pairs for the first time at a trial in later this month. I'm so nervous about getting hold of Phebe if we run first, that I'm probably going to strongly suggest that we run last. LOL

Hahaha! Well, luckily pairs allots a LOT of extra time. I usually wait while holding Bentley until I'm sure that the other owner has his/her dog. You don't have to rush off as soon as they pass you the baton.
 
This wasn't at a trial, but at the seminar yesterday, I saw something I'd never seen before. There's a cute little Border Terrier who's not very drivey. He does all the obstacles, just fine, but Ditto doesn't really care about going fast. Annie, his handler, has tried just about every toy and treat to get him revved up and nothing seems to have much effect. Yesterday she had a rabbit fur treat pouch stuffed with a dead rat. Ditto still wasn't especially fast, but he lunged for the bait pouch every time it left Annie's hand. :biggrin2:
 
Yesterday she had a rabbit fur treat pouch stuffed with a dead rat. Ditto still wasn't especially fast, but he lunged for the bait pouch every time it left Annie's hand. :biggrin2:

Um...ew ew ew ew....:dead: I don't even want to know where she got the rat! :lol:
 
This wasn't at a trial, but at the seminar yesterday, I saw something I'd never seen before. There's a cute little Border Terrier who's not very drivey. He does all the obstacles, just fine, but Ditto doesn't really care about going fast. Annie, his handler, has tried just about every toy and treat to get him revved up and nothing seems to have much effect. Yesterday she had a rabbit fur treat pouch stuffed with a dead rat. Ditto still wasn't especially fast, but he lunged for the bait pouch every time it left Annie's hand. :biggrin2:

FOR REAL??? :eek2:
now THAT'S dedication!!!!! I LOVE it
That should get a terrier going!

A dog at my class, Toffee's friend Shiva is just about the fastest dog I have seen... if she can get focused, lol

She routinely ruins all courses as she just PLOWS suuuper fast through everything... Tunnels and weaves are never the same after she runs, since she is a whirlwind... (pitbull/greyhound mix)

Her treat is a cloth grocery bag!! That's the highest value treat for that dog... downside is that she is going after EVERY backpack, bag, anything laying on the floor resembling a bag... One time she ran off course onto a plastic picnic table, over a 6 foot fence cuz somebody left their jacket and bag in a corner of the parking lot...
That dog is just really fun to watch, I swear
 
Back
Top