game descriptions?

therwilBbarkng

Forums Regular
I tried to search for agility game descriptions. I thought I'd seen it in the past, maybe not. Is there a good place to find descriptions? I'm specifically looking for CPE games at this point.

My agility instructor and I think my dog is ready, he's doing really well. I want to enter him into just 2 or 3 runs at the most; I don't want to overload him. He really likes jumping so I was thinking standard and jumpers (level 1). I don't know what the other games are, although I may have played variations of the others throughout my 18+ months of training. He got to the point he was the ringer in the beginner class.
 
Games

I think the person to ask about CPE games would be Silaria as she competes in that as well as Teacup agility.
 
yes, Silaria has posted a lot of games explanations.
Click on her profile name and then click on Statistics and then click on threads started by Silaria- that should help you find what you are looking for.:smile2:
 
CPE games

just my two cents... I also compete in CPE, and *love* all of the games. Since you are a newbie, if you want to try another game, I'd recommend either Colors or Wildcard. Both courses are very short (usually no more than 8-12 obstacles for L1).

Colors is a game where there are two nested courses in the ring. The handler must direct the dog through 1 *ONE* of the courses and avoid the off-course obstacles from the other course. This allows the handler to pick the better course for his/her dog. If one course has a contact but other is longer with more jumps, one can decide if their dog is better off with a contact or with jumps, and choose accordingly. If there is a nasty off-course in one course, you can choose to run the other course to avoid it and take it's challenges instead. It is a fun game that helps you choose the strengths of your team.

Wildcard is also a game where you choose the strengths of your team. The course runs the same for everyone, however, at three points on the course, you have to make a decision between two sets of obstacles (that are usually side by side). One set is the "A" (or "1") obstacle and it usually the easier of the two, and the other is the "B" (or "2") obstacle that is more challenging. You MUST complete two "A"s and one "B" obstacle on the course in level 1. You cannot have two "B's and one "A", or three of either. Two "A"s and a "B". No more, no less. Oh, and "one obstacle" could be a combination (jump-tunnel, or jump-jump). Your decision as a handler is to choose the best flow and obstacles for your dog. It is a fun game to see what people choose for their dog and how successful they are.

Have fun at your first CPE trial. Watch the other games and see if you would have fun running those, too! I love Snooker (I'm a bit of masochist :winkgrin:) and Jackpot, too. Let us know how it goes.

-Dayle Shimamura
Mom to: Alva--CL2,CL3-F,H,S;
O-NCC,S-NJC,NAC,S-Tn-N,Tn-O,O-Wv-N,Hp-N; CGC
Orville--CGC
Wilbur,Misty--sweetest shelties waiting at the Bridge
 
Back
Top