It's going to be another hot humid day in the Sunshine State. We are doing very little outside anymore. It's just too hot. I took Sammy for some hydro-therapy yesterday and the poor boy sunk like a stone. He's too big for one of my floatation devices so I had a slip lead on him and I just stayed in the pool with him. He paddled around for about 10 minutes and I let him out. Then enjoyed my swim while he dried off in the yard. I bathed him and we both went into the lanai soaking wet and dripping.
I'm continuing to hand feed Harper. He just isn't interested in food at all. I've got him on antibiotics and acidophilis and don't know what else to do.. Barb said that if he hasn't turned around by Tuesday she wants me to transport him with Skipper so she can get him to the vet. I can see that with each feeding he's perking up with his activity and his eyes are brighter today. I just hope he starts eating on his own. When I leave the house all of the dogs are crated and I always leave a bowl of kibble in his crate with him. So far he hasn't touched any of it. Last night at 9:30 I changed from the liquid to using the rice mixture with some liquid in it and spoon fed him. He doesn't like it but doesn't object enough to make it difficult for me to feed him. With the extra solid food and antibiotics I'm hoping we can get things going along. This morning I offered him the bowl before I fed him. He sniffed it but turned away. So I started feeding him...This is breaking my heart!
Please keep all of our furkids and special people in our thoughts and prayers this week
Hugs
Judy and the Rescue Squad
I'm continuing to hand feed Harper. He just isn't interested in food at all. I've got him on antibiotics and acidophilis and don't know what else to do.. Barb said that if he hasn't turned around by Tuesday she wants me to transport him with Skipper so she can get him to the vet. I can see that with each feeding he's perking up with his activity and his eyes are brighter today. I just hope he starts eating on his own. When I leave the house all of the dogs are crated and I always leave a bowl of kibble in his crate with him. So far he hasn't touched any of it. Last night at 9:30 I changed from the liquid to using the rice mixture with some liquid in it and spoon fed him. He doesn't like it but doesn't object enough to make it difficult for me to feed him. With the extra solid food and antibiotics I'm hoping we can get things going along. This morning I offered him the bowl before I fed him. He sniffed it but turned away. So I started feeding him...This is breaking my heart!
Please keep all of our furkids and special people in our thoughts and prayers this week
Hugs
Judy and the Rescue Squad
He has a good home now, Get better Harper, Sheltie kisses and huge to harperand all your furkids and you from, Kiara and Tasha.