Gray Dawntreader, from pound puppy to family pet

graydawntreader

Forums Enthusiast
About 8 months ago (in July), Treader was in the shelter. We were looking for a Sheltie, preferably purebred. We looked almost everywhere...breeders, the shelter, petfinder.com, the classified newspaper adds. After our upteenth visit to the shelter, we finally found a "Sheltie mix" named Camden. He was so cute, I decided to get him.
Actually, he's primarily Papillon, but most people (including the shelter people) think that he's mainly Sheltie. He almost definitely has some Sheltie (or maybe Corgi) in him, but to me he will always be "My Little Sheltie". Oh yeah, and I changed his name to Gray Dawntreader, Treader for short.:wink2:
Treader's a gift from God. I love him to pieces.:yes:
Here are some pictures of him (some also have my GSD Cookie in them):
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_4244.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_4235.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_1774.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_3191.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_2923-1.jpg
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/?action=view&current=100_2405.flv
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/graydawntreader/100_2077.jpg
 
Welcome Graydawn treader, Sheltie heart

He is Plenty Sheltie enough for us !! You are a good caring young man. I can tell you love you dogs.:yes: Enjoy the forums.
 
I knew I saw him before. http://www.dogster.com/dogs/590007

Here's my baby Buttons. http://www.dogster.com/dogs/520236

and Bows http://www.dogster.com/dogs/520516

and my rescue Beamer http://www.dogster.com/dogs/520524

We've had Beamer for just over a year. With the way he acted, we think he was abused. He's so much better now. He trusts people much more and has lost some of the bad habits he came here with. He's a big help when the grandson is eating. No need to get the vacuum out :wink2:


Even though I just found the dogster post http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=95 I've looked at Treader's dogster page a couple times while looking through other Sheltie pages.
 
Last edited:
Best Pets In The World!

Aren't rescue babies the best? Once they know they are with a loving person/family, they become so happy!

I know we are not the only ones who allow our kiddies to sleep on the bed with us (gets a bit crowded sometimes, but what the heck), sleep in Daddy's recliner, LOL, and have a taste or two of what we're having for dinner. And lunch. And breakfast. LOL!

Good on everyone of you that has adopted a baby from a shelter or rescue!
 
Back
Top