Great night at class

Justicemom

Forums Celebrity
I had one of those nights tonight in class that I wished happened more often. Ember is so on and she ran like her tail was on fire. Maybe it was the cool night, maybe it was tha she just blew all her heavy undercoat and was feeling light. Whatever it was I wish I could bottle it. :smile2:

She was tugging on her leash, jumping and spinning and pawing in the air before her first run. We had a JWW course set up, it was really tricky excellent course. when I walked the darn thing I was so confused it was so twisty. But Ember ran every bit perfect and as fast as I have ever seen her run. She was even hopping in the weave poles and she actually barked at me!(is this good or bad? I don't know she has never done that before:wink2:).

I guess she was having so much fun that Diva broke out of her kennel to join her in the weave poles. Then when Diva was running Ember was barking and pawing at the door. Next thing I know here is Ember chasing Diva though the weave poles going almost as fast as Diva! Very funny, but very bad behavior.:lol: The great thing was either one popped the poles and they finshed all 12 perfectly. Ember just 2 poles behind Diva.

I don't know what got into Ember but it was great to see her enjoying herself so much. Please where ever old surly Ember went keep her there, I like this new happy Ember so much better.
 
Yay Ember!! I'm so happy that she is finally really enjoying herself out on the agility field.

Careful what you wish for though....she may start telling you off like Diva :wink2:
 
Yay Ember!! I'm so happy that she is finally really enjoying herself out on the agility field.

Careful what you wish for though....she may start telling you off like Diva :wink2:

Oh Ember already tells me off but it is usually grumbles under the breath, sheltie dagger eyes or just plain flip me the paw. That why this is a refreshing change.:wink2:
 
Great day in class

That is so awesome.So glad for you!!!!!!:biggrin2:Actually last week in class we worked on discriminations and Sting did so well but what i was happiest the most about is when he came blasting out of the tunnel to the table he actually collected and stayed on it instead of flying off it.:biggrin2:
 
That is terrific! I love when things just "click". I wish I could have seen Diva and Ember doing the weaves together...so funny!

And as to the barking...Bentley only barks at me on course when I mess up and just stand there giving no directions, or if I'm pushing him hard to go fast. When I'm pushing him it's almost a growl, so I say that he "Grr-d at me". I like it when he does that, because I know he's getting worked up and excited!
 
Boy I wish I could get Cosmo to behave like that Chasing Storm, Bad behaviour or not I would take it in a heartbeat :winkgrin: Maybe there's hope for pokey old Cosmo after all he been doing the oddest thing lately.
in the backyard, he's been running like a trooper bob weaving and all & seems to be having fun, at the practice field he's been running much better too the last couple of outings but not as fast as at home but better then he was,just seems like as soon as we hit a trial he slams on the brakes, I am hoping he gets over it soon, very soon please.
.
That must have been quite the site to behold, I am gonna getcha yes I am, yes I am.
 
Last edited:
I love reading stories like this. Makes my heart go awwwwwwwww........

I love that they chased each other, too cute. Naughty, but cute.
As for the barking, who knows. If it's anything like Koji....he only barks when he has TIME to bark. Which means, I'm not going fast enough or not giving him information fast enough. hahaha. Maybe you were too slow for Ember last night.

I know the cool air (esp if it's been hot), will make dogs crazy. After that long heat wave, one of my practices was cooler. Koji was a crazy boy! But dang he ran fast.

Aww....I am hoping that Ember keeps speeding up. It sure seems like she's found her confidence on the course.
 
Boy I wish I could get Cosmo to behave like that Chasing Storm, Bad behaviour or not I would take it in a heartbeat :winkgrin: Maybe there's hope for pokey old Cosmo after all he been doing the oddest thing lately.
in the backyard, he's been running like a trooper bob weaving and all & seems to be having fun, at the practice field he's been running much better too the last couple of outings but not as fast as at home but better then he was,just seems like as soon as we hit a trial he slams on the brakes, I am hoping he gets over it soon, very soon please.
.
That must have been quite the site to behold, I am gonna getcha yes I am, yes I am.

Oh I was thrilled with her naughty behavior, it means she is excited and confident. When Ember lets herself go,she is quite stunning to watch. Her drop on recall and direct jumping go outs in obedience are some of the best I have every seen. so fast, so quick , I have heard people exclaim wow for outside the ring. But her nerves are always right under the surface and when she feels my nerves thats when it comes out the most. She doesn't like pressure and she doesn't like being make to think she is being made to do something. It always has to be her idea. I bet Cosmo feels your nerves and your want to do well and is responding to the "pressure" of your want. I didn't think I was doing that to Ember in agility but I was. Do what I did with Ember in obedience, go into the ring and expect to NQ and just be happy if he does one thing right or well. BTW Ember almost never NQ in obedience. Over time I bet he does more right than not.

It took me a long time to realize this but don't be worried about what they(and you) are doing wrong , celebrate what they(and you) are doing right. It will come.

I love reading stories like this. Makes my heart go awwwwwwwww........

I love that they chased each other, too cute. Naughty, but cute.
As for the barking, who knows. If it's anything like Koji....he only barks when he has TIME to bark. Which means, I'm not going fast enough or not giving him information fast enough. hahaha. Maybe you were too slow for Ember last night.

Oh I don't think she had time, I just think she was excited. More like Weeee! as she went over the jump.:lol: Diva does the TIME bark if I am late or not fast enough to was such a different tone.

You go Ember!!!
show them how it's done!
Tugging and everything!!

I know Irene, who would have thought it! I brought her a braided fleece leash , it isn't a real vigorous tug, more like grab and pull but she will do it on her own now if I am sitting waiting and she will grab it if I ask her. Every week she is getting better and better. SHe doesn't like it thrown or waved or yanked if I pull to hard or try to shake it she lets go , she has to do all the work but hey it is a start.:smile2: She expects food for doing it but I am starting to see her eyes light up.
 
Back
Top