Great story on Rush and John

AWWW
that is so special!
I had no idea Rush wasn't even 'his' dog. Thanks for sharing great story!
Also nice to see that the sport gets more attention from main stream...
You know John, Susan Garrett, Greg Derrett, or Linda Mecklenburg are such big stars, who all have a huge following... they are probably used to have people following them around, no doubts, lol. But outside of the sport nobody would have a clue who these people are, but for enthusiasts like us it's like seeing the Holy Grail if you ever run into one of them or are lucky enough to do a Seminar!? LOL
 
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! He's an amazing dog! He's almost at his MACH 4 already and he's only 5 years old. I just wanna get to Excellent B and my dog is almost 6! :lol:
 
Thanks for posting the story. Rush is an amazing dog, who is lucky to have two very talented handlers in Paulette and John. And, hey, did anyone else notice that he just happens to be a blue merle. :winkgrin:
 
Thank you for sharing this lovely story! He is a fantastic dog and also very handsome too! I was also pretty impressed that he jumped into the reporter's arms, that's a very trusting sheltie:smile2: Best wishes for the team for the future!
 
LOVED that!

Brought a tear to my eye. I did not know the story behind why John was handling Rush.

Thanks for posting.
 
Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize Rush wasn't his dog either. Amazing team though. And such a great story.

I wonder....do all "top" people run like they're schizoids on speed? I noticed when I see top competitors like this, their running is by no means "fluid". And I thought my handling was crazy. Granted, yes, these dogs are FAST! But still, it's just kinda freaky to watch. I'll watch the dog more next time, they run so much smoother. I can only hope Koji would be half the dog Rush is. LOL. Okay, 1/4. Maybe an 1/8th. 1/16th?
 
Back
Top