BarbV
Forums Celebrity
I agree....I wouldn't trim the ruff yet, until it grows in a little more. My dogs are both coming up to 3 years old, and I still haven't trimmed.
You can give the ruff a little more definition though with brushing. If you use a product like CC's Coat Dressing, it will give it a little more staying power as well (kinda like hairspray for dogs).
When I brush the ruff, first I do a regular line brush to get out tangles, then I finish by kinda back-brushing upwards (with the coat dressing) to give it "pouff".
Here is the picture of the boys "au naturel" - no brushing. You can see they are finally coming close to getting coat.
You can give the ruff a little more definition though with brushing. If you use a product like CC's Coat Dressing, it will give it a little more staying power as well (kinda like hairspray for dogs).
When I brush the ruff, first I do a regular line brush to get out tangles, then I finish by kinda back-brushing upwards (with the coat dressing) to give it "pouff".
Here is the picture of the boys "au naturel" - no brushing. You can see they are finally coming close to getting coat.

