Happy Hoodie!

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
Well, Bacca has started freaking out lately when he is being groomed, particularly when the high velocity dryer is used on him. Something must have happened at one of his groomings awhile back. He's last few groomings have been brutal (even before my new store groomer)

Really bad for business when you rown dog is SCREAMING while being groomed. My groomer found this product and will be ordering it to try it out for those nervous dogs. I guess, its similar to the Thundershirt (p.s. I've NEVER had one of those returned because it did not work!).

Thought I would pass it on to those who have dogs who don't like the blowers. You can bring it to your groomer and ask her to use it.

http://www.happyhoodie.com/
 
Hmmm I am very curious about this product because one of the biggest issues with my dog is barking when she hears my neighbors in the hallway. If this does truly muffle sounds, I would be interested in it.

Did you purchase the large or small size for your dog?
 
Hmmm I am very curious about this product because one of the biggest issues with my dog is barking when she hears my neighbors in the hallway. If this does truly muffle sounds, I would be interested in it.

Did you purchase the large or small size for your dog?

haven't bought it yet, but i would expect the large size. I think the small was listed for yorkies, etc.
 
Small also says for cats... My dog has a really small head. I think she would need a small. Let me us know if it helps and if you think the large would fit a smaller-sized sheltie.
 
I bought one a few months ago to use with my shy dog when blowing her dry. It is ok. She did not mind wearing it, but I am not sure it made a huge difference either. I should probably try it again. Her coat is not that heavy, so I found it really did not take me that long to dry her with the dryer turned down low, so I have just been doing that. Cherrybrook has them.

One thing that really helps me determine if she is feeling stressed or not is to look at her ears and see if they are up or down. They go flat down when she is frightened. One thing that bothered me about the happy hoodie is that I could not look at the position of her ears to help determine her stress level.
 
Last edited:
Bacca was freaking 10 times worse than the video showed! If this reduces his anxiety by even 20% it would be bonus.

The bad news is I've traced back his grooming history and the first time he had a problem being groomed was AFTER I brought him to a show breeder for grooming. Maybe she was too aggressive with him?

The next time he was groomed, the new groomer had a really hard time with him. And since then, my store groomer is also struggling.

He got so upset, that my groomer was afraid that he was having a seisure!

I even noticed it myself when I bathed him the bathtub myself...and I was in the tub with him!

So its grooming rehab for Bacca. Just like he was a pup and starting from scratch.

If the hoodie helps 20%, its better than now. We're certainly going to try it - along with the rehab. i.e. start small and build him back up.
 
Back
Top