Heads Up Tainted Dog Treats

sable

Forums Enthusiast
Tainted Dog Treats, article on MSN, over 500 dogs have died.

So far this is the list of treats made in China:

Waggin Train
Canyon Creek Ranch
Dogswell
Booda Bones-Aspen Pet
Milo's Kitchen
American Kennel Club
Hartz
Dingos
Beefeaters
Cadet
Sargents
Ever Pet
Home Pet 360
Walgreen's new brand-Simple
The Kingdom Pets

If your pets have eaten tainted treats, symptoms:

Decreased appetite
Decreased activity
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Increased water consumption
Increased urination

Advocacy Groups ask that if your pet is sick from these treats, inform the FDA.

The reason I am posting this, these brands may not say made in China, but the ingredients come from China, and they don't have to state ingredients come from China.

More to watch out for, does it ever end?
 
Bad dog treats`

Dear Sable,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this information! My babies have had only two of these--Waggin Train and Milo's Kitchen, but they have shown no sign of being sick. I am on the way to tossing what's left.

Why can't this kind of thing be stopped... I really appreciate your telling us. Thank you again.

Maida, sweet Christopher, little Ritchie and my wonderful eight Shelties now in Heaven
 
From what I understand Waggin Trail, and Milo Kitchen are really popular. It just seems like it never ends with tainted treats, recalls on food, etc.. I sure don't want our shelties sick.

You are very welcome.
 
my New way of treats. I buy meat, like taco meat, steak, boneless pork chops, heart etc and microwave it to the soft but not wet condition. I use juice that created to soften up kibble that pups have. One - it makes kibble softer so I can break it easier and they don't have hard time chewing it as a treat. Second it gives new dimension to ole kibble making it attractive " new" treat. Initially one has to play how much juice to add to make it soft but not mushy.
So meat is still A list reinforcement but kibble now moved up to B list.
 
Back
Top