Hip and Joint supplement question

pogopup

Forums Enthusiast
I am starting Pogo on a hip and joint supplement. I know I can't prevent hip/joint problems, but if I can keep them lubricated, it would make me feel better. :o

He's starting to scoot his back feet when he walks. The vet gave him the all clear and said he had good range of motion and didn't resist movement-he's the one that suggested I put him on a supplement.

So, I guess my question is, should I dose based on the bottle (double up for a few weeks then go to the maintenance schedule) or since he's not having problems, just give him the maintenance dosing? :confused2:
 
I can't suggest on the supplements, when my Indy started limping I switched to a Nutro formula that had the chondroitin and glucosamine in it. We also bought some doggie treats with the supplement it in, and now I can't remember the name of the treat. I bought it at a health food store (Earth Faire here).
 
Hi Stacy...I started my younger ones on Glucosamine/Condritin supplements around age 2 to avoid joint issues as well. That seems to be the prevailing school of veterinary thought these days and since it doesn't hurt them, why not. I just gave the regular one pill a day dose from the start rather than the loading dose. I think you'd be fine with that as long as Pogo doesn't have a problem.
 
For my dogs with joint problems (my blue boy has a bad shoulder), I fed them the supplement Nupro with glucosamine, and his problems went away almost right away.
 
Ditto with my forever pup, Timber. The glucosamine made a world of difference. I'm even starting to think about taking it myself! :lol: Creaking bones at age 47!
 
Back
Top