Homemade salmon treats-BIG hit

This is the same receipe for the Tuna Fudge minus the garlic powder and parm cheese.Good stuff both of them:biggrin2:

YEES tuna fudge is a great recipe! I use the same with green tripe or/and mackerel! Talk about a smell, but dogs follow me all over the agility course, lol, I turn around and I seemed to be running two dogs last practice I had!! The lab got away from his handler and was basically running with Toffee, ANYTHING for these awful smelling treats :D

But I tell ya it keeps them engaged, they must smell that from a mile away LOL
 
For those with dogs who are wheat sensitive/allergic, I used oat flour and a little (2 teaspoons) of Xanthum Gum instead of traditional wheat/all purpose flour and they turned out great!
 
For those with dogs who are wheat sensitive/allergic, I used oat flour and a little (2 teaspoons) of Xanthum Gum instead of traditional wheat/all purpose flour and they turned out great!

Oh I am interested in that, a few of my friends don't use wheat... so they can't have my treats, so I would love to make some that I don't have to worry about their dog accidentally getting one!
 
I find one teaspoon of xanthum gum to one cup of of oat, rice, or other non-wheat flour is enough to take the place of the wheat gluten.

You don't need a lot of xanthum gum for it to begin to feel doughy.

The other nice thing about using oat flour is you can make it yourself if you have a food processor. Just buy some old fashion oatmeal (not quick cook or instant oats - you want the long cook variety), pour some into a food processor and process into a flour. MUCH cheaper than buying oat flour.
 
Back
Top