How fast Sheltie fur grows

Caro

Moderator
A couple of months ago Deska had part of his ruff shaved. So I thought I would keep track of how long it takes to grow back.

After 8 weeks it has grown 2.5cm - or an inch.

It's still got a long, long way to go to catch up to the rest of his ruff. It will be interesting to see if the fur grows back faster when the cool weather hits. Not sure whether the ruff grows at the same speed as the rest of the coat though.
 
A couple of months ago Deska had part of his ruff shaved. So I thought I would keep track of how long it takes to grow back.

After 8 weeks it has grown 2.5cm - or an inch.

It's still got a long, long way to go to catch up to the rest of his ruff. It will be interesting to see if the fur grows back faster when the cool weather hits. Not sure whether the ruff grows at the same speed as the rest of the coat though.

My boys got their butts butchered at their last grooming. I think this would have been around end of October, early November. I'm still waiting. so your estimate of about an inch every two months seems about right. I think they need another 2 inches to get their butts back, so at least another 3-4 months is my estimate.

I agree with your math.
 
Back
Top