How to clean flea gook

SheepOfBlue

Premium Member
Not sure where this goes so please move it if needed admins:

It is time for Sca's heartworm pill and flea gook. That is not a problem but how do y'all get/keep the flea gook out of your buddies fur? Last time I did it I was struggling with Sca and getting used to it (Dow was flea proof) so it was likely worse.

Once you put the stuff from the base of his head part way down his back it gets in his fur. After a day you can wash him but I hate to give him a bath once a month just for that so what do you use :biggrin2:
 
That's why I use Comfortis. :dead: I always had too many problems applying the Advantage. Plus, on top of all that Smudge made it his personal duty to roll around on the carpet to get it off. :rolleyes2:

I hide the pill in some peanut butter...and no more fleas. :biggrin2:
 
I do the same thing. I was not aware that you could wash it out....I thought that it needed to stay there for the effectiveness.
My understanding was that it gets in his skin after a day. I highly considered the pill Smudge but it does not repel them merely keep them from breeding more fleas/ticks if I remember correctly.
 
My understanding was that it gets in his skin after a day. I highly considered the pill Smudge but it does not repel them merely keep them from breeding more fleas/ticks if I remember correctly.

30 minutes after taking the pill all fleas on the dog drop dead. Good enough for me. :winkgrin: Here's a story from the vet's office.

There was a pit bull who was having surgery (never could understand for what). The pit bull was COVERED in fleas, and was also allergic to them. They gave her/him the flea pill, and then all of the staff went to lunch. They came back 30 minutes later to find that all the fleas had ran to the dog's head and died.

I've been using Comfotis for a good while now. Smudge doesn't have a flea on him, and I live in flea country. :wink2:

I have heard on here where some dogs had a bad reaction to Comfortis though, so it's not for everybody. :yes:
 
Comfortis sounds ground for fleas.

But the reason why I use topical flea treatment (k9 advantix) is because it also protects against ticks and mosquitoes too. I'm very worried about ticks.
 
I let it dry and a 2-3 days later just brush and comb the area and it disappears. May need to repeat the next day.
 
Back
Top