How to groom a puppy?

As like DR.Shelli,I love the all systems pin brush.I use it every day it seems on these guys.It does'nt pull at all.

I use that,plus a greyhound comb,and a bottle of water for misting.
 
Ok, that's what I thought about the chalking! As for the line brushing--very good simple instructions-thank you! I doubt I will have to do this for a while yet (I only have puppies and I think i've over-groomed them so far).

haahahaaa you can really never over groom them its good practice to get them used to being brushed and touched. Its the building blocks for the rest of their lives, and in the end will make your job much easier and more enjoyable instead of having to struggle with them to get them groomed.

Linda...Brian and i are wondering what you feed your dogs?
I feed Eukanuba active and they get fresh chicken/fish mixed in their food...unless they are traveling than they just get the grain.
 
haahahaaa you can really never over groom them its good practice to get them used to being brushed and touched. Its the building blocks for the rest of their lives, and in the end will make your job much easier and more enjoyable instead of having to struggle with them to get them groomed.


I feed Eukanuba active and they get fresh chicken/fish mixed in their food...unless they are traveling than they just get the grain.

Absolutely a stunning photo of Noah. We were just enjoying the new "bubble" pictures you posted on FB. Brian said,that cannot be Noah...little Noah!

He had not seen pictures of him in awhile,we enjoyed looking at him as a puppy,now he is all grown.
His coat is amazing,which I know thakes in many factors. Just beautiful
 
Ok, I'll look into that-Thank you! Is the All System pin brush a one brush fits all breeds or do they have a specific pin brush for shelties?
 
Last edited:
My favourite pin brush is still the CC 35mm though I also have a 20 mm to get in closer. I often use both along with a rake.

Rake first, then the 35mm, then the 20 mm for finishing.
 
Back
Top