how to measure the height

crazybailey

Forums Regular
How do I measure the exact height of my shelties? They're pets, not for showing (although had been in their prior life to me). I believe it's floor to shoulder, but where exactly at the shoulder? Is it where you feel the bone towards the front?
 
There's a space between the shoulder blades. That space is the middle of the shoulders. You measure from the ground straight up.
 
I found it easiest to mark them against a wall - like you would with a child. Stand them with one side against the wall and use a pen to mark off the top of their shoulder blade. It helps if you have someone helping you out. They fidget at first but mine got used to standing up against the wall to be measured. I still have the piece of paper on the wall that marks their growth stages
 
Back
Top