I am sooo exhausted

Caro

Moderator
Just back from the Flyball Nationals - 2 very full days at the Sydney Easter Show. I don't think I am going to move from my bed for the rest of the week! Running 2 dogs was exhausting, I barely sat down for 15min over the 2 days. Next year I'm going to have to go on a major workout regime before the Nationals.

We didnt win this year, Deska's team came second in his division - Tully's uncle Jack was on the winning team though and he and Deska raced each other, which of course looked magnificant, two shelties running together. Tully's team came 3rd. Her last race was a nail biter - we were 2 races each and we only won the fifth decider race by .02 of a second. I swear my heart stopped.

Deska was a trooper, 3 of our team of 6 flunked out but Deska kept going even though his elbows were hurting. Its a true sheltie that will do anything to please their owner even when they are hurting. He made me so proud.

Tully fell in love! She took a real shining to a cavalier which turned out to be on one of the teams we raced. Tully decided to run over to see him when they were racing each other! She managed to cross over the line right at the judges feet but luckily he couldnt see her properly and we didnt get a yellow card.

No video or pics unfortunately, no time for it. And now I am going to bed to sleep until next week!!!
 
Sounds like a blast, Caro! If you're tired, think of Deska and Tully (who is now also heartbroken at leaving the Cavalier!) :lol:
 
Flyball

Sounds like a great time!!Congrats to you.Why did you run your dog with bad elbows?Arent you afraid he would hurt himself more?
 
I had clearance from the specialist to run him in a 2 day comp. And the physio thought the only way to test whether he could do it was to go ahead, as with dogs its hard to tell what they are capable of, plus she didnt think this one occassion would do any damage if it was a bit much.

It does make me mad though when we field too many unreliable dogs that it puts pressure on Deska to run regardless. The plan was to rest him in the afternoons but by the 2nd day that was not an option. Instead I kept declaring a 'do not finish' if one of the other dogs stuffed up so Deska would not have to run (which meant a loss to us). Deska's just as happy getting to stand back and bark in the ring rather than running - as long as he gets his treat.

I did think he would pull up sore today - I can hardly move. But he decided to chase a car and flocks of birds so I think he is still on an adrenalin high. I am seeing the physio on the weekend so she can assess how well he held up to the 2 days. But I dont think I will do another 2 day comp anyway unless things change at the club, way too many politics.
 
Back
Top