I did not think it would work but the brake-fast bowl is great!

mikebdub

Forums Enthusiast
Well I went on a search a little over a week ago for a local place that sold the bowl because Cali was eating her food WAY too fast and she became very gassy and sometimes would throw up afterwards. We tried the "buster cube" and she lost interest in it very fast. Every time she would roll it, the cat would freak out and she would follow him! We only use that for treats now LOL. After bringing the bowl home and cleaning it we tried her first meal in it. After sitting it down she looked at me like "what is this crap?!" because she could not fit her snout down in it to suck the food up. After about a week it does not even bother her anymore because.. well it has food in it! It has slowed her eating down from 20-30 seconds to a good 4-5 minutes and she actually CHEWS her food now! I don't think I have ever heard her chew a piece of kibble before putting her food in this bowl! I am not trying to do a infomercial about the bowl here, but I would highly recommend it for anybody with a food hoover pup! :yes:
 
I am not trying to do a infomercial about the bowl here, but I would highly recommend it for anybody with a food hoover pup! :yes:

We got a Brake-Fast bowl for Foxman for the same reason. Worked wonders. He still inhales his food but not nearly as fast.
 
Glad to know they work...I was actually looking at a similiar product to slow one of my dogs down...he eats too darn fast!!
 
Indy is a hoover as well. Bacca is becoming one because he has to eat his food before Indy moves in for the kill! :sadsmile:
 
I got the small red bowl. I forget what color the medium was but that and the large black one were way too big for a Sheltie. My girl gets a little over a half cup per feeding on her kibble and its just enough to cover the bottom of the bowl.
 
We got a similar bowl from Petsmart and its helped in a huge way. She would inhale her food in 20 seconds flat, no chewing involved. It now takes her 3 minutes + to eat her food.

A couple of other things we've done to slow down her eating is put water in her bowl (also because she was a bit constipated). It's hard bobbing for kibble. :lol:

I didn't think this last one would slow down her eating so much but it did. Sadie no longer gets her food till we say so and we often make her work for it by doing tricks also. We also practice taking it away while she's eating, make her wait with the bowl in front of her or do a trick or two then give it back to her. Now that she knows the food does not belong to her, but to us and we control how much and when she can eat, she doesn't gulp it down nearly as fast. Before, she thought we might try and steal HER food and would eat it as fast as she could.
 
Is There a Speed Up Bowl?

Layla eats like she's doing every piece of kibble a huge favor. :cool:
 
Back
Top