I finally trimmed Sandstorm's grinch feet! You all would be proud!!

Don't worry Karen. I never did Hamish's feet and Noah's only got done if I absolutely had to. I have learned a lot since I got Emma.
 
Pretty much my routine as well.

I also do the underpads...otherwise dogs go skidding across the hard floor as they race to the supper bowls.

When doing the feet, remember to pull the fur down between the toes as you trim the underpad.

I still find a ladies bikini shaver really helpful into doing the feet. Just keep the touch very light (if you press too hard, you'd get a choppy look) You want to skim the foot in long, light touches

Are you going to send pictures of the new feet?

I am afraid of shaving feet. The long fur around his feet I trimmed, and his pads look okay. He does have sexy legs now, and when he stamps his back foot and wiggles his butt, he looks more adorable now that his legs show more.
 
I have to do my two often, like every two weeks. Lil' Lady is the dirtball diva so I have to get her all groomed up. Lucky is like a cat, he cleans his paws. Never was he the dirtball like this little girl. On top of it she loves to lay in the mud. COOL! ARRRRG.
 
I am afraid of shaving feet. The long fur around his feet I trimmed, and his pads look okay. He does have sexy legs now, and when he stamps his back foot and wiggles his butt, he looks more adorable now that his legs show more.

I hear you, and I'm sure alot of folk on the forum would gasp in horror at the thought razoring anywhere on a sheltie (beyond the poop chute, of course).

But truly, the ladies shaver is so gentle and as long as you use a light touch, you really can't go wrong with it.

With the slicker, I brush the fur on the foot up, and then I just lightly go over it with the razor. I find it much easier than scissors.....less chance of doing the big "chop" and mor even.

I give credit to Ontario Sheltie (I think?) for this tip. It's been a mainstay of my grooming for a long time.

Now, if I was doing show dogs.....that would be a whole different story;.....
 
Back
Top