I Think It's Official...

MissieLynn

Forums Enthusiast
Emmy has started blowing her coat. I brushed her for about 10 minutes, and POOF! A mighty tumbleweed had formed! :eek2:

She's definitely a lot happier without the added weight, though!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 63
Congrats :biggrin2: I just ordered a rake for Hanna - she has so much undercoat but the comb and pin brush are doing nothing to loosen it and she is not in need of another bath. I've never used one before so will be very careful - but judging by your 'tumbleweed' it is very effective!
 
I have a rake back from the cat days. Not the bladed one though, just the long/short pin type. It really really worked well on the double coats . Used it for the Aussies year round and kept their coats a bit less cottony and kept the blue merles flurry of snowfluff down to a manageable amount.

Melli blew about a month ago during our first warm up. Now, she is ready for summer which has arrived!
 
You're lucky. Layla waits until August so she can blow her coat in the car on the way to Sunnybank. :gaah
 
I definitely love the undercoat rake!! The pin brush is nice for her head (especially by her ears) but nothing else works on her undercoat either. I bet Hanna will be happy to defluff! :biggrin2:



You're lucky. Layla waits until August so she can blow her coat in the car on the way to Sunnybank. :gaah

Haha! As one of the characters in Jurassic Park said, "Clever girl!"
 
That's what my girl looked like about a month ago. I started seeing little tufts of undercoat coming out, so I attacked her with an undercoat rake, gave her a warm bath to loosen more up, and then once she was dry she got another good brushing. She probably felt much better since it's getting warmer and warmer down here!
 
That's what my girl looked like about a month ago. I started seeing little tufts of undercoat coming out, so I attacked her with an undercoat rake, gave her a warm bath to loosen more up, and then once she was dry she got another good brushing. She probably felt much better since it's getting warmer and warmer down here!

That's how I do it too. A high velocity dryer is also wonderful. For that reason I always bring my dogs for a spring groom to truly BLOW out the coat.
 
Back
Top