Ideas for frozen Kong

Pam

Forums Enthusiast
Hi,
I've been giving Beau Kongs stuffed with kibble + Peanut butter + (sometimes) pumpkin or sweet potato, he gets this in his crate when I go to work. I am a bit worried about his weight so want to cut down on both kibble and PB in the Kong. Any good ides?
 
Haven't tried this, but maybe use PB2 (powdered peanut butter) instead of the regular. You mix it with water. It has far less calories, but the same taste.
 
I stuff Zulu's Kong with no salt added canned green beans. The have almost no calories, and you can cram the Kong full of them. Easy to clean too. I make my own peanut butter, unsalted roasted peanuts in the food processor until smooth. After it sits a while the oil will rise to the top and can pour out a little at a time. I use just enough PB to seal the top and put them in the freezer. Zulu runs to his crate the second I open the freezer. He loves it!
 
Back
Top