BarbV
Forums Celebrity
My new groomer at my store started today. Her first guinea pigs were Indy and Bacca.
OMG! This lady knows how to do a natural groom! There is nothing like a professional bath and blow dry (i.e. high velocity dryer) to blow out all that thick undercoat.
Minimal scissoring, and not a clipper in sight! The boys look and feel wonderful! Over time, I'll teach her some other unique Sheltie grooming techniques, but for now she had it mostly nailed!
So going forward, I can do the grooming I like to do, and leave the nasty stuff to her! And it costs me nothing! I KNEW there was a good reason for buying this store!
But seriously though....I hired her because in her interview she took the time to truly understand what I was looking for, but wasn't shy about suggesting alternatives. It was clear that she understood about double-coated breeds, as well as long and silky and clipper cuts.
I would post pictures, but the boys are tired from their day at the store. Maybe I can get a picture tomorrow.
I think she will be an excellent add to my team.
The point of this email is not about the free grooming, but really about finding a groomer and knowing what questions to ask them (or have them ask you) before they butcher your dog. Hmmmm! A future post, methinks.....That is: What to tell your groomer you want?
OMG! This lady knows how to do a natural groom! There is nothing like a professional bath and blow dry (i.e. high velocity dryer) to blow out all that thick undercoat.
Minimal scissoring, and not a clipper in sight! The boys look and feel wonderful! Over time, I'll teach her some other unique Sheltie grooming techniques, but for now she had it mostly nailed!
So going forward, I can do the grooming I like to do, and leave the nasty stuff to her! And it costs me nothing! I KNEW there was a good reason for buying this store!
But seriously though....I hired her because in her interview she took the time to truly understand what I was looking for, but wasn't shy about suggesting alternatives. It was clear that she understood about double-coated breeds, as well as long and silky and clipper cuts.
I would post pictures, but the boys are tired from their day at the store. Maybe I can get a picture tomorrow.
I think she will be an excellent add to my team.
The point of this email is not about the free grooming, but really about finding a groomer and knowing what questions to ask them (or have them ask you) before they butcher your dog. Hmmmm! A future post, methinks.....That is: What to tell your groomer you want?