Ironically

expoz3d

Forums Enthusiast
So I posted about the chicken soup vs totw food a couple of days ago. Ironically the pet store I buy my dog food at is going to stop selling chicken soup in a couple of months which kind of pushed me back into switching to TOTW.

Since chicken soup is still a premium food, should I still do the switch over a month? The way our breeder told me to do it was start with 1/4 new food and 3/4 old food and every week up the new food amount to 1/2 and then to 3/4 and then to 4/4. Is that the way I should still do it?
 
That's a good, safe way to make the change. Slower is better. I had to switch Beckon Puppy all at once, and it took a while for his system to settle in.
 
So I posted about the chicken soup vs totw food a couple of days ago. Ironically the pet store I buy my dog food at is going to stop selling chicken soup in a couple of months which kind of pushed me back into switching to TOTW.

Since chicken soup is still a premium food, should I still do the switch over a month? The way our breeder told me to do it was start with 1/4 new food and 3/4 old food and every week up the new food amount to 1/2 and then to 3/4 and then to 4/4. Is that the way I should still do it?

I took a good 3 to 4 week transition here.And all worked well with all 3.Did'nt have quite as long with Jasper,but he did very well.
Good luck~
 
Back
Top