Is Jet "out of coat"?

Katagaria

Forums Enthusiast
I've heard this term used before when it came to people who show their dogs, that their sheltie is "out of coat" and waiting for them to come in again so they can be shown.

I've noticed Jet's coat has gone a bit weird, he's a tricolour whose darkest fur is normally quite silky, but he has been developing these strange patches of fuzzy (unlike his normally silky hair) dark brown hair particularly in the lower back/above base of tail region. Does this mean he's out of coat?
 
If its going a lighter tan color opposed to the black its simply shedding that does it. when the undercoat fur comes loose it comes out in a tanish color.

The term in the show ring for out of coat can mean many things! typically though it refers to the undercoat of the dog/bitch has been shed out, so they are just carrying their outer coat.
 
If its going a lighter tan color opposed to the black its simply shedding that does it. when the undercoat fur comes loose it comes out in a tanish color.

The term in the show ring for out of coat can mean many things! typically though it refers to the undercoat of the dog/bitch has been shed out, so they are just carrying their outer coat.

I had thought that and tried to brush it out but it didn't really come out, can it take a while or...?

Thanks for clearing that up btw!
 
problem with Casey's fur

I am about of the mind set that there is a problem with casey's fun. I've had shelties for 22 years and neither Coop or Randy ever experienced this. It's like Casey is blowing his coat, but it never ends. Tuffs are not falling out but I get that fluffy-type stuff down close to this skin every time I brush him. I keep thinking we'll eventually get it all out but every week it's worse.

Now I'm thinking maybe it's a food problem. He is eating Blue Buffalo Puppy food as he's almost 10 months. This has been going for nearly two months. Today I brushed him for over one hour and still didn't get it all.
 
I am about of the mind set that there is a problem with casey's fun. I've had shelties for 22 years and neither Coop or Randy ever experienced this. It's like Casey is blowing his coat, but it never ends. Tuffs are not falling out but I get that fluffy-type stuff down close to this skin every time I brush him. I keep thinking we'll eventually get it all out but every week it's worse.

Now I'm thinking maybe it's a food problem. He is eating Blue Buffalo Puppy food as he's almost 10 months. This has been going for nearly two months. Today I brushed him for over one hour and still didn't get it all.
Brush him out and give him a warm bath weekly. It will help get all the coat out.
 
Back
Top