Iverhart Plus

RetiredProf

Forums Enthusiast
Is anyone here using this for heartworm? It's the generic equivalent of Heartgard Plus and I've been ordering it online with a script from my vet. Haven't had any issues with it, but Gus turns his nose up at it. I just bury it in his food and he's none the wiser. Maybe it's the pork flavor?

Anyway, I like to check with other folks about these meds we give the fur kids. I'm always afraid I'm missing a recall or some nasty reaction that might occur.
 
Is anyone here using this for heartworm? It's the generic equivalent of Heartgard Plus and I've been ordering it online with a script from my vet. Haven't had any issues with it, but Gus turns his nose up at it. I just bury it in his food and he's none the wiser. Maybe it's the pork flavor?

Anyway, I like to check with other folks about these meds we give the fur kids. I'm always afraid I'm missing a recall or some nasty reaction that might occur.


I gave the same thing to my beloved Golden Retriever Tyler for YEARS and never had a porblem with it:yes:. I currently have my Megan on Sentinel!!:smile2:
 
I use interceptor and have no problems. I don't even have to hide it in something. Bailey thinks it's a treat.

Iverthart has ivermectin in it. My breeder told me not to use any heartworm pill with ivermectin. Shelties can have a reaction it.
 
I use interceptor and have no problems. I don't even have to hide it in something. Bailey thinks it's a treat.

Iverthart has ivermectin in it. My breeder told me not to use any heartworm pill with ivermectin. Shelties can have a reaction it.


Randi is right on! Try and stay away from ivermectin with Shelties. Interceptor is usually the vet recommended heartworm preventative for our breed.
 
Is anyone here using this for heartworm? It's the generic equivalent of Heartgard Plus and I've been ordering it online with a script from my vet. Haven't had any issues with it, but Gus turns his nose up at it. I just bury it in his food and he's none the wiser. Maybe it's the pork flavor?

Anyway, I like to check with other folks about these meds we give the fur kids. I'm always afraid I'm missing a recall or some nasty reaction that might occur.

Sure have,our one vet Dr. Mike,actually will offer you this one,or the brand name (Heartguard) We have used it for years,and with no problems.

Since Trapp has joined the family,we have switched,and decided to use a 3 in1 topical. As Revolution is one that can be safely givin to shelties.
 
Back
Top