corbinam
Moderator
I think our club must have made the A-frame---but I'm honestly not sure. Our club was cleaning out some of their old stuff from way back when and they were getting rid of it. I think it's about 3/4 height.
And from my (limited) experience, I think 2o2o is a better approach for a fast dog (Lexi) for a couple reasons.
1- It teaches her to stop, and focus.
2- It allows me to set up for the next obstacle (assuming that at some point she will be faster than me)
3- It keeps her safe since when she's flying she might end up jumping off
I think running is better for my slower dog (Bentley) for a couple reasons.
1- Slowing down and stopping was totally DE-motivating to him. He would lost interest and shut down (he was actually creeping down the down side)
2- It keeps his speed up
Some dogs naturally have an amazing stride down the obstacles and don't need much training. I've seen dogs that never need 2o2o or stride training that just automatically get their feet in the yellow
mad:

) Bentley didn't have that, and we've had to retrain because we didn't notice what wasn't working for him. Also, some dogs don't end up launching off until they're excited and comfortable with the obstacles. And at that point if you haven't done 2o2o, you're stuck retraining as well.
And from my (limited) experience, I think 2o2o is a better approach for a fast dog (Lexi) for a couple reasons.
1- It teaches her to stop, and focus.
2- It allows me to set up for the next obstacle (assuming that at some point she will be faster than me)
3- It keeps her safe since when she's flying she might end up jumping off
I think running is better for my slower dog (Bentley) for a couple reasons.
1- Slowing down and stopping was totally DE-motivating to him. He would lost interest and shut down (he was actually creeping down the down side)
2- It keeps his speed up
Some dogs naturally have an amazing stride down the obstacles and don't need much training. I've seen dogs that never need 2o2o or stride training that just automatically get their feet in the yellow
) Bentley didn't have that, and we've had to retrain because we didn't notice what wasn't working for him. Also, some dogs don't end up launching off until they're excited and comfortable with the obstacles. And at that point if you haven't done 2o2o, you're stuck retraining as well.